1. Do you consider yourself to be living in the Old or the New Aeon?
2. If in the former, how would you designate it; (2b) If the latter how would you designate it?
3. If the former, do you wish to try to qualify for the latter?
4. Liber Legis, Chapter I, verse 50 says:
“Behold! there are three ordeals in one, and it may be given in three ways. The gross must pass through fire; let the fine be tried in intellect, and the lofty chosen ones in the highest.”
To which of these three classses do you consider yourself to belong?
5. If to the first: What do you suppose is meant by the words “must pass through fire”? Are you prepared to try to pass this ordeal?
6. If the second, please answer the following questions:
THE PLENUM IS INFINITE; ITS MANIFESTATION IN TIME AND SPACE, THROUGH CHANGE, BECOMES “ALMOST INFINITE.”
(a) Is this statement philosophically, theologically or mystically true?
(b) Can you symbolically shew it to be such?
7. If the third, please answer this question :
How is it possible, other than mentally or spiritually, to feast in the presense of ones' enemies (as, for example, while under guard in a concentration camp) without visible motion of any kind which could attract attention?
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law
Love is the law, love under will.
The Law is for all.
Yours in Unity and Love
June 17, 1948
Three carbons made. Copies sent to Yorke, Handel and Kowal.