Minerval Study Program
First Degree Study Program
Second Degree Study Program
Third Degree Study Program
These are the practices and studies that the Order requires for the Minerval year. A formal examination is required in these matters (a perfect score is not necessary) before advancement to the First Degree.
- Study THE BOOK OF THE LAW. Memorization of the first Chapter is suggested. This may be done a verse a day, with review at intervals--that's often the easy way.
- Keep a daily Journal or Magical Diary.
- Practice LIBER RESH daily.
- Become proficient in the Lesser Pentagram Banishing Ritual--twice daily use is wise.
- Do "Will" at the beginning of the main meal of the day
- Study MAGICK IN THEORY AND PRACTICE. See the study guide in the 2nd issue of the O.T.O. NEWSLETTER.
- Keep in touch! P.O. Box 2303, Berkeley, CA 94702 U.S.A. (415) 454-5176 and 841-4833.
Knock: 333 - 55555 - 333 (total 11 knocks)
"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law."
** What is thy will?
It is my will to eat and drink.
** To what end?
That my body may be fortified thereby.
** To what end?
That I may accomplish the Great Work.
"Love is the law, love under will."
Knock: 1 "Fall to."
May be done at all meals. Should be done at the principal meal.
These are the practices that the Order requires for the First Degree. An examination is required in these practices ( a perfect score is not necessary) before advancement to the Second Degree.
- Continue and elaborate the practices and studies of the Minerval Program. All are important.
- Select and become proficient in at least one of the following: LIBER XXV, LIBER XLVI, LIBER V, or LIBER DCCC ( Liber Samekh ).
- Begin or continue a particular study in one of the following: Qabalah, Divination, Yoga, Astral Workings or a like discipline.
- Perform some work that will endure beyond your own physical lifetime: write and be published, speak in public, produce a work of art, have and nurture a child or perform some similar work that will pass beyond your own mind, and beyond the minds of your immediate associates.
- Perform some work for the benefit of your Brothers and Sisters in the Order: Provide time and work in organization, correspond with isolated initiates, share your insights, volunteer for specific needed tasks within your abilities or perform some other service needed by the Order.
- Join with fellow initiates in a Chapter, Lodge, or other group of the Order.
- Analyze your magickal diary from some definite point of view; e.g. endeavor to determine the point at which virtue becomes vice, as: sympathy degenerating into pity, advice into meddling, temperance into apathy, excellence into illusion, gentleness into shallowness and like matters. Record your findings in your diary with both theoretical views and actual examples from your daily life.
These are the practices that the Order requires for the Second Degree. An examination is required in these practices ( a perfect score is not necessary ) before advancement to the Third Degree.
- Continue with Minerval and First Degree programs. All are important.
- Learn and become proficient in the following:
A) Liber Reguli
B) Perform in at least one group ritual.
C) Create and perform an original ritual.
D) Maintain a diary record of ritual workings.
- Memorize the following columns from Liber 777: I, II, III, VII, XIV, XV, XVI, LVI, LV, CLXXIX, and at least two others of your choice.
- Learn and become familiar with some part of the tradition or history of the O.T.O., and the signs, grips, and words of the Minerval through 2nd degree. Fulfill the 2nd degree obligation regarding Liber OZ.
- Begin a general study of all these fields, specializing in one in greater depth:
F) Another field approved by your Initiator.
( A recommended reading list will be provided ).
- Take responsibility for some task that directly benefits our Order. With the 3rd degree the candidate should possess an ability to function as part of the Order in Official capacities.
- Meditate on your heart Chakra.
Prepare your own program, after you have received the Third Degree. The program must have seven points, must include the previous programs in point one and must end with point 7: Meditate on your third eye. Model your plan on the earlier curricula and submit it to your initiator and the Grand Lodge of the O.T.O. After your program has been approved, proceed.