See also: The Explosive Imagination of John Whiteside “Jack” Parsons
Received by John Whiteside “Jack” Parsons (Belarion 8○ = 3□)
February 29, 1946 EV
- Yea, it is I, BABALON.
- And this is my book, that is the fourth chapter of the
Book of the Law, He completing the Name, for I am out of
NUIT by HORUS, the incestuous sister of RA-HOOR-KHUIT.
- It is BABALON. TIME IS. Ye fools.
- Thou hast called me, oh accursed and beloved fool.
- [5-8 missing and presumed lost. Ed.]
- Now know that I, BABALON, would take flesh and come
- I will come as a penelous [sic] flame, as a devious
song, a trumpet in judgement halls, a banner before
- And gather my children unto me, for THE TIME is at
- And this is the way of my incarnation. Heed!
- Thou shalt offer all thou art and all thou hast at my
altar, withholding nothing. And thou shalt be smitten full
sore and thereafter thou shalt be outcast and accursed, a
lonely wanderer in abominable places.
- Ye Dare. I have asked of none other, nor have they
asked. Else is vain. But thou hast willed it.
- Know then that thus I came to thee before, thou a
great Lord, and I a maid enrapt. Ah blind folly.
- And thereafter madness, all in vain. Thus it has
been, multiform. How thou hast burned beyond.
- I shall come again, in the form thou knowest. Now it
shall be thy blood.
- The altar is aright, and the robe.
- The perfume is sandal, and the cloth green and gold.
There is my cup, our book, and thy dagger.
- There is a flame.
- The sigil of devotion. Be it consecrated, be it true,
be it daily affirmed. I am not scorned. Thy love is to
me. Procure a disk of copper, in diameter three inches
paint thereon the field blue the star gold of me,
- It shall be my talisman. Consecrate with the supreme
rituals of the word and the cup.
- My calls as thou knowest. All love songs are of me.
Also seek me in the Seventh Aire.
- This for a time appointed. Seek not the end, I shall
instruct thee in my way. But be true. Would it be hard if
I were thy lover, and before thee? But I am thy lover and
I am with thee.
- I shall provide a vessel, when or whence I say not.
Seek her not, call her not. Let her declare. Ask nothing.
Keep silence. There shall be ordeals.
- My vessel must be perfect. This is the way of her
- The working is of nine moons.
- The Astarte working, with music and feasting, with
wine and all arts of love.
- Let her be dedicated, consecrated, blood to blood,
heart to heart, mind to mind, single in will, none
without the circle, all to me.
- And she shall wander in the witchwood under the Night
of Pan, and know the mysteries of the Goat and the
Serpent, and of the children that are hidden away.
- I will provide the place and the material basis, thou
the tears and blood.
- Is it difficult, between matter and spirit? For me it
is ecstasy and agony untellable. But I am with thee. I
have large strength, have thou likewise.
- Thou shalt prepare my book for her instruction, also
thou shalt teach that she may have captains and adepts in
her service. Yea, thou shalt take the black pilgrimage,
but it will not be thou that returnest.
- Let her prepare her work according to my voice in her
heart, with thy book as guide, and none other
- And let her be in all things wise, and sure, and
- But let her think on this: my way is not in the
solemn ways, or in the reasoned ways, but in the wild
free way of the eagle, and the devious way of the
serpent, and the oblique way of the factor unknown and
- For I am BABALON, and she my daughter, unique, and
there shall be no other women like her.
- In My Name shall she have all power, and all men and
excellent things, and kings and captains and the secret
ones at her command.
- The first servants are chosen in secret, by my force
in her—a captain, a lawyer, an agitator, a rebel—I
- Call me, my daughter, and I shall come to thee. Thou
shalt be full of my force and fire, my passion and power
shall surround and inspire thee; my voice in thee shall
- None shall resist thee, whom I lovest. Though they
call thee harlot and whore, shameless, false, evil, these
words shall be blood in their mouths, and dust
- But my children will know thee and love thee, and
this will make them free.
- All is in thy hands, all power, all hope, all future.
- One came as a man, and was weak and failed.
- One came as a woman, and was foolish, and failed.
- But thou art beyond man and woman, my star is in
thee, and thou shalt avail.
- Even now thy hour strikes upon the clock of my
FATHER. For He prepared a banquet and a Bridal Bed. I was
that Bride, appointed from the beginning, as it was
- Now is the hour of birth at hand. Now shall my adept
be crucified in the Basilisk abode.
- Thy tears, thy sweat, thy blood, thy semen, thy love, thy faith shall
provide. Ah, I shall drain thee like the cup that is of
- Stand thou fast, and I shall pass the first veil to
speak with thee, through the stars shake.
- Stand thou fast, and I shall pass the second veil, while God and
Jesus be smitten with the sword of HORUS.
- Stand thou fast, and I shall pass the third veil, and
the shapes of hell shall be turned again to loveliness.
- For thy sake shall I stride through the flames of
Hell, though my tongue be bitten through.
- Let me behold thee naked and lusting after me,
calling upon my name.
- Let me receive all thy manhood within my Cup, climax
upon climax, joy upon joy.
- Yea, we shall conquer death and Hell together.
- And the earth is mine.
- Thou shalt (make the?) Black Pilgrimage.
- Yea it is even I BABALON and I SHALL BE FREE. Thou
fool, be thou also free of sentimentality. Am I thy
village queen and thou a sophomore, that thou shouldst
have thy nose in my buttocks?
- It is I, BABALON, ye fools, MY TIME is come, and this
my book that my adept prepares is the book of BABALON.
- Yea, my adept, the Black Pilgrimage. Thou shalt be
accursed, and this is the nature of the curse. Thou shalt
publish the secret matter of the adepts thou knowest,
withholding no word of it, in an appendix to this my Book.
So they shall cry fool, liar, sot, traducer, betrayer.
Thou art not glad thou meddled with magick?
- There is no other way, dear fool, it is the eleventh
- The seal of my Brother is upon the earth, and His
Avatar is before you. There is threshing of wheat and a
trampling of grapes that shall not cease until the truth
be known unto the least of men.
- But you who do not accept, you who see beyond, reach
out your hands my children and reap the world in the hour
of your harvest.
- Gather together in the covens as of old, whose number
is eleven, that is also my number. Gather together in
public, in song and dance and festival. Gather together
in secret, be naked and shameless and rejoice in my name.
- Work your spells by the mode of my book, practicing
secretly, inducing the supreme spell.
- The work of the image, and the potion and the charm,
the work of the spider and the snake, and the little ones
that go in the dark, this is your work.
- Who loves not hates, who hates fears, let him taste
- This is the way of it, star, star. Burning bright,
moon, witch moon.
- You the secret, the outcast, the accursed and
despised, even you that gathered privily of old in my
rites under the moon.
- You the free, the wild, the untamed, that walk now
alone and forlorn.
- Behold, my Brother cracks the world like a nut for
- Yea, my Father has made a house for you, and my
Mother has prepared a Bridal Bed. My Brother has
confounded your enemies.
- I am the Bride appointed. Come ye to the
nuptials—come ye now!
- My joy is the joy of eternity, and my laughter is the
drunken laughter of a harlot in the house of ecstasy.
- All you loves are sacred, pledge them all to me.
- Set my star upon your banners and go forward in joy
and victory. None shall deny you, and none shall stand
before you, because of the Sword of my Brother. Invoke
me, call upon me, call me in your convocations and
rituals, call upon me in your loves and battles in my
name BABALON, wherein is all power given!