- Apep deifieth Asar.
- Let excellent virgins evoke rejoicing, son of Night!
- This is the book of the most secret cult of the Ruby Star. It shall be given to none, save to the shameless in deed as in word.
- No man shall understand this writing—it is too subtle for the sons of men.
- If the Ruby Star have shed its blood upon thee; if in the season of the moon thou hast invoked by the Iod and the Pe, then mayest thou partake of this most secret sacrament.
- One shall instruct another, with no care for the matters of men’s thought.
- There shall be a fair altar in the midst, extended upon a black stone.
- At the head of the altar gold, and twin images in green of the Master.
- In the midst a cup of green wine.
- At the foot the Star of Ruby.
- The altar shall be entirely bare.
- First, the ritual of the Flaming Star.
- Next, the ritual of the Seal.
- Next, the infernal adorations of OAI.
Mu pa telai,
Tu wa melai
ā, ā, ā.
Tu fu tulu!
Tu fu tulu
Pa, Sa, Ga.
Qwi Mu telai
Ya Pu melai;
ū, ū, ū.
’Se gu malai;
Pe fu telai,
Fu tu lu.
O chi balae
Wa pa malae:—
Ūt! Ūt! Ūt!
Ge; fu latrai,
Le fu malai
Kūt! Hūt! Nūt!
Wa la pelai
Tu fu latai
Wi, Ni, Bi.
- Also thou shalt excite the wheels with the five wounds and the five wounds.
- Then thou shalt excite the wheels with the two and the third in the midst; even ♄ and ♃, ☉ and ☽, ♂ and ♀, and ☿.
- Then the five—and the sixth.
- Also the altar shall fume before the master with incense that hath no smoke.
- That which is to be denied shall be denied; that which is to be trampled shall be trampled; that which is to be spat upon shall be spat upon.
- These things shall be burnt in the outer fire.
- Then again the master shall speak as he will soft words, and with music and what else he will bring forward the Victim.
- Also he shall slay a young child upon the altar, and the blood shall cover the altar with perfume as of roses.
- Then shall the master appear as He should appear—in His glory.
- He shall stretch himself upon the altar, and awake it into life, and into death.
- (For so we conceal that life which is beyond.)
- The temple shall be darkened, save for the fire and the lamp of the altar.
- There shall he kindle a great fire and a devouring.
- Also he shall smite the altar with his scourge, and blood shall flow therefrom.
- Also he shall have made roses bloom thereon.
- In the end he shall offer up the Vast Sacrifice, at the moment when the God licks up the flame upon the altar.
- All these things shalt thou perform strictly, observing the time.
- And the Beloved shall abide with Thee.
- Thou shalt not disclose the interior world of this rite unto any one: therefore have I written it in symbols that cannot be understood.
- I who reveal the ritual am IAO and OAI; the Right and the Averse.
- These are alike unto me.
- Now the Veil of this operation is called Shame, and the Glory abideth within.
- Thou shalt comfort the heart of the secret stone with the warm blood. Thou shalt make a subtle decoction of delight, and the Watchers shall drink thereof.
- I, Apep the Serpent, am the heart of IAO. Isis shall await Asar, and I in the midst.
- Also the Priestess shall seek another altar, and perform my ceremonies thereon.
- There shall be no hymn nor dithyramb in my praise and the praise of the rite, seeing that it is utterly beyond.
- Thou shalt assure thyself of the stability of the altar.
- In this rite thou shalt be alone.
- I will give thee another ceremony whereby many shall rejoice.
- Before all let the Oath be taken firmly as thou raisest up the altar from the black earth.
- In the words that Thou knowest.
- For I also swear unto thee by my body and soul that shall never be parted in sunder that I dwell within thee coiled and ready to spring.
- I will give thee the kingdoms of the earth, O thou Who hast mastered the kingdoms of the East and of the West.
- I am Apep, O thou slain One. Thou shalt slay thyself upon mine altar: I will have thy blood to drink.
- For I am a mighty vampire, and my children shall suck up the wine of the earth which is blood.
- Thou shalt replenish thy veins from the chalice of heaven.
- Thou shalt be secret, a fear to the world.
- Thou shalt be exalted, and none shall see thee; exalted, and none shall suspect thee.
- For there are two glories diverse, and thou who hast won the first shalt enjoy the second.
- I leap with joy within thee; my head is arisen to strike.
- O the lust, the sheer rapture, of the life of the snake in the spine!
- Mightier than God or man, I am in them, and pervade them.
- Follow out these my words.
- Fear nothing.
- For I am nothing, and me thou shalt fear, O my virgin, my prophet within whose bowels I rejoice.
- Thou shalt fear with the fear of love: I will overcome thee.
- Thou shalt be very nigh to death.
- But I will overcome thee; the New Life shall illumine thee with the Light that is beyond the Stars.
- Thinkest thou? I, the force that have created all, am not to be despised.
- And I will slay thee in my lust.
- Thou shalt scream with the joy and the pain and the fear and the love—so that the ΛΟΓΟΣ of a new God leaps out among the Stars.
- There shall be no sound heard but this thy lion-roar of rapture; yea, this thy lion-roar of rapture.