John Griogair Bell
My name is John, and I am the enigmatic supervillain known to some only as The Librarian. Consider helping to support the work by becoming an ongoing Patron of Hermetic Library. On a personal note, you may also be interested to follow my work as a technologist lost in the wilderness as well as an enthusiast of technology and geekery. I also spend a lot of time providing health and happiness to rescue cats.
The tarot card Magician or Magus has also been historically known as, among other things, the Juggler or il Bagattino. There is a lesser known character in the commedia named Bagatino, who is a zanni and therefore related to Arlecchino and others. I’ve read Bagatino described as being similar to il Dottore in that he knows everything but can't figure anything out. He's a quick talker, maybe even a confidence man; but, probably all his plans are slightly insane. He's a trickster, a twister, a wicked go-getter. He's got the characteristics of a pig and a cat and a bird. The masks I've seen are closer to Arlecchino than il Dottore; a full half-mask like Arlecchino, but with a furrowed forehead similar to the Doctor.
Here you will find a bunch of assorted documents that I've put together at one time or another in relation to my interest in esoteric studies, whether that's more specifically about philosophy, spirituality, magick, culture or something else entirely.
Various documents and things related to metaphysical, magic pursuits are here. These are generally in the western tradition of modern pagan witchcraft, but spiced with many other flavours.
Magical Work in Oz
Standing in Spirit
A Pagan Study Group about Magdalene
- MK Enochian TEX 2011sep21
- Societies with secrets, security culture and online social media
- Discovering the Occult Landscape
- Secret societies, societies with secrets, and societies with spoilers
- My Right Foot, or the Potentially Awkward Issue of Inappropriately Adoring Body Parts
- A preliminary initial Thelemic analysis of Stalkers, Trolls and Antagonists
- If I were starting a Rosicrucian group …
- The Law of Emmanuelle
- Mysteries, Secrets and Spoilers
- Wheel of the Year badges
- personal blog tagged 'esoterica'
The works presented are © 2006–2016, John Griogair Bell