New and Forthcoming At This Site
Vigorous Food & Divine Madness is a continuing accumulation and dissemination of Thelemic ecclesiastical and magical materials by T Polyphilus. This is the site formerly known as “The Exposed Adytum,” by the Thelemite formerly known as Dionysos Thriambos. Prior to that, it was “The Deacon from Hell” by Dionysus Soter.
Crowleymas, Anno Legis IV xvii (12 October 2009 e.v.)
- The Great Beast Was Here, an introduction to Thelema and O.T.O.
- Annihilation of the Prophet, revised and expanded ritual for 3 December
- Addenda to Advice for Deacons
- The Feast of Babalon, revised as performed for NOTOCON VII, with additional notes by the author
- Unity Uttermost Showed: Text of Opening Address from NOTOCON VII
Feast of Sir Paschal Beverly Randolph, Anno Legis IV xvii (29 July 2009 e.v.)
- New Ritual: Hallowing a Bell
- New: Music Program for the Gnostic Mass
- Revised: Annotated Ritual of the Eucharist
- Thingamification of Masonic Book Reviews
- Updated References and Referrals
Feast of Saint Jacobus Burgundus Molensis the Martyr, Anno Legis IV xvi (18 March 2009 e.v.)
- New Ritual: Threefold Eucharist
- Notes: A Verb for the Gnostic Mass
- Study Reference: "Section 2" Reading List for E.G.C. Aspirants
Winter Solstice, Anno Legis IV xvi (21 December 2008 e.v.)
- New Ritual: Formula for Renouncing Slave-Religion
- New Ritual: Installation of a Domestic Relic
- Revised in light of practice: Service for the Feast of the Initiation of the Prophet
- Also, removed some links to off-site rituals which are no longer available.
Feast of Saint Theodor Reuss, Anno Legis IV xvi (28 October 2008 e.v.)
- A new ritual, never before published: Prenatal Blessing ceremony
- Also, posted the song Superabimus, a handful of revisions to the liturgical calendar, and a couple of new entries among my Masonic book reviews:
- Eliphas Levi and the Kabbalah: The Masonic and French Connection of the Western Mystery Tradition by Robert L. Uzzel, Ph.D., and
- The Genesis of Secrecy: On the Interpretation of Narrative by Frank Kermode.
Summer Solstice, Anno Legis IV xvi (20 June 2008 e.v.)
- NEW: The Feast of Babalon, a ceremony by Soror Alchymia Ghanima.
- A significant revision of Daimonic Vespers.
Feast of Saint Elias Ashmole, Anno Legis IV xvi (18 May 2008 e.v.)
New files, never before published:
- Annotated Ritual of the Eucharist with full practical commentary on Liber XV (Acrobat file).
- A Short Eucharist for routine domestic use (Acrobat file).
Also, revised my liturgical calendar to add feasts for a variety of heroic individuals not yet recognized through the Orders of the Lion and Eagle nor EGC canonization.
Feast for the Supreme Ritual and the Equinox of the Gods, Anno Legis IV xvi (20 March 2008 e.v.)
I have launched the new department HYMNS OF THE GNOSIS. It includes musical scores and audio files for Thelemic liturgical music as well as a brief history of the Unknown Rivers choir. Additions and revisions to other departments include:
- First publication of the ritual for a Ceremony Celebrating the Feast of the Initiation of the Prophet
- updated References and Referrals
Happy new year!
Third Day of the Feast of the Writing of the Book of the Law, Anno Legis IV xv (11 April 2007 e.v.)
The new department SACRAMENTAL THEORY AND PRACTICE is complete. This department includes my latest theory and taxonomy of Thelemic sacraments, along with new and revised rituals that I have written, and links to official and significant rituals written by others. Documents previously unpublished on this site include:
- An Elective Method of Astral Traning for E.G.C. clergy
- Feasts for Fire and Water–partial publication of a suitable ritual
- A Marriage Ceremony by which I was married
- Yet Other Marriage Ceremonies and considerations for Thelemic wedding liturgies
- Sacristy Prayers fortifying the priest for the Mass
- Ritual for the Blessing of a Domicile
- Invocations at Table for meals
- My personal ritual for Solar Adorations
- Reflections and practices concerning The Form of Hoor-pa-kraat
- The holy prayer Nepios
There has been some cleanup and minor editing in the existing departments as well.
Feast of Saint Sir Richard Francis Burton, Anno Legis IV xiv (20 October 2006 e.v.)
I have assembled the new department SERMONS, EXPATIATIONS AND DISCOURSES.
- The new department includes categories regarding Ritual Settings for Thelemic Gnostic Sermonizing, Discourses on the Creed of Liber XV, Onolatrous Sermons from the Cult of the Gnostic Ass, and Other Expatiations on Our Mysteries.
- All materials from the old Exposed Adytum site that link from the new Sermons department have been proofed, repaired, and updated.
- I added some introductory text to the Traditions department.
Feast of Saint Robertus de Fluctibus, Anno Legis IV xiv (8 September 2006 e.v.)
Some text has been added to the main page, and I have assembled the department TRADITIONS ANTECEDENT TO NEW AEON GNOSTICISM.
- All materials from the old Exposed Adytum site that link from the new Traditions department have been proofed, repaired, and updated.
- A reading list regarding esoteric apocalypticism has been added to Apocalyptic Symbolism in the Gnostic Mass.
- I made significant additions and edits to When Is a Pagan Not a Pagan?.
- New page: The Moon Under Her Feet, a slight edit of my original, unabridged nomination of Anna Kingsford to the Order of the Eagle (never previously published)
- New page: Euhemerism Is Superstition, a theological rant.
- New page: Formula Delta, a devotional poem from traditional Hermetic materials, suitable for ritual use.
Feast of the Beast and His Bride, Anno Legis IV xiv (12 August 2006 e.v.)
First update in precisely three years.
- NEW NAME, NEW POINT OF ENTRY. Please update your links.
- There has been an update to my ecclesiastical resume.
- Added new homepage.
- Old homepage has been marked obsolete and will eventually be phased out altogether.
- Revised and updated the links page.
- Updated and redirected the main index
- Ritual: Service Celebrating the Greater Feast of the Prophet
- Further scores and lyrics in the Songs department.
- A lengthy comparative treatment of Thelema and Islam.
This site is graciously hosted by The Hermetic Library.