Cakes of Light
by Aisha Qadisha
Thanks to Sulis who gave me the basis for the recipe that follows
I like to make big batches of cookies so they last a while. Here is the recipe that I use. If you use exact amounts as shown, you shouldn't have to fudge extra honey or oil to tweak the consistency.
- 1.5 cups flour (I use Kamut)
- 6 tblsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 7 tblsp. honey
- 1 tblsp. wine leavings
- 7 drops Abramelin oil
- Optional: Ingredient X*
- Clear a counter top and rub some olive oil on it so that the dough won't stick. Also oil some pans and/or cookie sheets.
- In the absence of actual wine leavings, you can capture the “leavings” from the bottom of a good bottle of port. Alternately, you can simmer some ruby port until it leaves a thick syrupy residue.
- Pre-heat oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit
- If making priest cookies using Ingredient X, keep this dough separate from the other non-X dough. Use two separate bowls.
- Mix oils and flour together and mix with a spoon. Add additional ingredients. Mix and then knead until the dough yields a homogenous consistency. It should stick together, but not stick to an oiled rolling pin.
- Re-oil the counter top if necessary. Take out a small ball of dough at a time. Press it flat with the palm of your hand. Then use an oiled rolling pin to flatten it out. When it is about an 1/8“ thick, you are ready to cut cookies.
- I use the lid of my olive oil container for a cookie cutter. It is the size of quarter. Priest cookies are bigger. At this time you can press shapes into the cakes for decoration.
- Bake cookies for 4 - 7 minutes, depending on thickness of the cakes and the heat of your oven.
- Refrigerate or freeze to store. Keep blanks separate from Ingredient X cakes. Cakes that have gotten brittle can be rejuvenated by microwaving them wrapped in a damp paper towel.
Cakes of light can be used for the Gnostic Mass (you can bring your own), the Mass of the Phoenix, or any other ritual of your own invention.
My rolling pin is a magical object that is only used for this purpose. It is a small, hand-painted rolling pin that I purchased from an Indian grocer.
As in any magical operation, you should be in a good state of mind while making the cakes. This is especially true if the cakes of light are to be consumed by an EGC congregation. If you are angry, depressed, or sick, you should wait until you are feeling better to proceed.
People should never be served cakes of light containing Ingredient X without their knowledge and full consent.
Ingredient X can be harvested, mixed with some honey and then frozen until such a time as you are ready to make your cakes of light.
There is no part of me that is not of the gods!
(i.e., You are what you eat!)
*Regarding Ingredient X, here is the original Liber Al vel Legis Reference:
II,23: For perfume mix meal & honey & thick leavings of red wine: then oil of Abramelin and olive oil, and afterward soften & smooth down with rich fresh
III,24: The best blood is of the moon, monthly: then the fresh blood of a child, or dropping from the host of heaven: then of enemies; then of the priest or of the
worshippers: last of some beast, no matter what.
III,25: This burn: of this make cakes & eat unto me. This hath also another use; let it be laid before me, and kept thick with perfumes of your orison: it shall
become full of beetles as it were and creeping things sacred unto me.
III,26: These slay, naming your enemies; & they shall fall before you.
III,27: Also these shall breed lust & power of lust in you at the eating thereof.
III,28: Also ye shall be strong in war.
III,29: Moreover, be they long kept, it is better; for they swell with my force. All before me.
— fileinfo: path: '../hermetic.com/egc/aisha-cakes.html' created: 2016-03-15 modified: 2016-03-15 …