THE TEMPLE OF THE HOLY GHOST
1. Describes the spiritual aspect of the "Lesser Ritual of the Pentagram" which we append, with its explanation. The abstruse nature of mastering poems is well reflected in this one.
(i) Touching the forehead say Ateh (Unto Thee).
(ii) Touching the breast say Malkuth (The Kingdom).
(iii) Touching the right shoulder, say ve-Geburah (and the Power).
(iv) Touching the left shoulder, say ve-Gedulah (and the Glory).
(v) Clasping the hands upon the breast, say le-Olahm, Amen (To the Ages, Amen).
(vi) Turning to the East make a pentagram (that of Earth) with the desired weapon. Say I H V H.
(vii) Turning to the South, the same, but say A D N I.
(viii) Turning to the West, the same, but say A H I H.
(ix) Turning to the North, the same, but say A G L A.
(x) Extending the arms in the form of a Cross say:
(xi) Before me Raphael;
(xii) Behind me Gabriel;
(xiii) On my right hand Michael.
(xiv) On my left hand Auriel;
(xv) For about me flames the Pentagram,
(xvi) And in the Column stands the six-rayed Star.
(xvii-xxi) Repeat (i) to (v), the Qabalistic Cross.
Those who regard this ritual as a mere device to invoke or banish spirits, are unworthy to possess it. Properly understood, it is the Medicine of Metals and the Stone of the Wise. [Author's Note]
2. This ritual was given to Neophytes in the Order of the Golden Dawn.
3. The moon, as before, signifies Aspiration to the Highest.
4. For the "Flaming Sword" is the "Pentagram unwound."
5. The arms being extended, and the magus being clad in a Tau-shaped robe and a nemmes, the sacred Egyptian headdress, his figure would cast a shadow resembling the Ankh, or "Key of Life."
6. Khabs am Pekht, Konx om Pax, Light in Extension. The mystic words which seal the current of light in the sphere of the aspirant.
7. Cf. Omar Khayyam the Sufi.
8. Binah, the revealer of the Triad of Light
9. Ruach Elohim (see Genesis i.) adds up to 300= [Shin] =Fire.
10. [Shin] by shape hath a triple tongue.
11. These archangels are at points on the "Tree of Life" which cause them to surround as described one who is "crucified" thereon.
12. Raphael dwells in Tiphereth, Beauty.
13. Gabriel, dweller in Yesod, where are the Kerubim.
14. Michael, lord of Hod, an Emanation of a watery nature.
15. Auriel, Archangel of Netzach, to which fire is attributed.
16. The path of [Thav], or Saturn and Earth, which leads from Malkuth to Yesod indeed, but is dark and illusory. This first step upward attracts the bitterest opposition of all the Enemies of the Human Soul.
17. As asserted in the ritual.
18. It flames both above and beneath thew magus, who is thus in a cube of 4 pentagrams and 2 hexagrams, 32 points in all. And 32 is [AHIHVH], the sacred word that expresses the Unity of the Highest and the Human.
19. As in ritual.
20. Supreme affirmation of Unity with the Highest
in the Lotus, the universal symbol of Attainment.